Social, Emotional and Character Development
SHESC provides programs and services to assist schools to develop a safe, caring, supportive and intentional culture. These services are designed to help students succeed academically, vocationally and personally.
- Help schools and districts develop effective character education, an anti-bullying program, or both.
- Integrate Kansas SECD Model Standards into the curriculum.
- Develop staff training to meet district or school needs, including 11 Principles of Effective Character Education, Power2Achieve Toolkit and Ruby Payne’s “A Framework for Understanding Poverty.”
- Establish district and building policies and core principles.
- Form procedures for reporting and documenting bullying incidents, including STOPit.
- Respectful and effective disciplinary procedures, using Conscious Discipline.
- Provide student curriculum, including Power2Achieve.
- Create custom K-12 student workshops.
- Provide parenting workshops and resources.
- Supply relevant materials through the SHESC resource library.
For more information, please contact Noalee McDonald-Augustine at 785-621-4414 or firstname.lastname@example.org.